May 2, 2014

Goodbye world!

No no. This is not a suicide note :)) (gotcha?)
By world i was referring to the social media world.
And by social media i meant everything BUT twitter and google+ :)))

A week ago i was in one of those low mood, I'm not sure if it could still be classified as "baby blues" :)) i cried all day and couldn't seem to stop, at one point googled "motherhood depression" and cried some more.

Then those notifications kept coming, from path, Facebook, instagram .. Social media-wise i am always quite curious and like to experiment. Even with having that much socmed app I know what kind of posts to go with each of them. I.e. serious posts, or i want them to be seen by the whole world/certain public figure/institution: twitter
General friends&relatives: Facebook
More private posts (pics of my son, family outings): path
Pics with what i thought to have some aesthetic value (remotely?): instagram
Popular subjects: google+

But last week i was somehow tired..and maybe because of that low mood i felt, suddenly i was so annoyed by these people and their good lives. Not to mention the cute dresses/bracelets/bags at instagram!
So i uninstalled them all.
(FYI u cant uninstall google+ if ure using android). I still hold on to twitter coz..i mean just in case a war is breaking/major tsunami i would want to know.

It also lessen the burden of having this feeling that 'i have to share it somewhere'.

No it doesn't mean i *hate* social media. This morning i was trying to remember that online shop that sells accessories with precious stones that i think would suit my mom so i installed instagram again..and afterwards i couldn't help sharing 2 pics :)) will be uninstalling it again after this.
Also yesterday i was trying to reach out to a friend, whose phone number i lost, so i installed path, messaged her, then uninstalled again :))

I also still get fb notifications via email for posts that mentioned me. But it's rare..most ppl moved to path/IG anyways. If I got them i can just visit the web version, click on courtesy likes and comments, then close the browser.

Why not deleting my account altogether? Coz this might be temporary :)) also, deleting accounts would invite lots of questions.

Yes, my life is now somewhat more peaceful. No longer feel irritated by spelling mistakes. Or having to know people's secret thoughts/night out pics they don't want their mom n dads to find. If you don't want the whole world to know then why bother sharing them in the first place..why bother showing me. If you want, specifically, me to know about it then hit me out on google talk/whatsapp/bbm/call/email/knock on my door (before i uninstalled them too!)

No comments: