Apr 29, 2014

that long overdue motherhood post

so....as i posted before...that itch.

my largest concern is always leaving Navis.

I decided to start slow. Previously I managed to wedge in 1-2 hours of work a day during Navis' naptime. But lately as he has grown to be more active, I needed that nap as well :)) And because these days my role, aside from breastfeeding him, is to watch him play/play with him. I have been finding myself vacantly staring into the wall o_O

So we decided to find a daycare. I'm not against nannies but as I intend to do this gradually, I probably would need someone to look after my son for at most 6 hours per day and only for 3 days a week.

The weirdest thing if you google 'Daycare Jakarta' you will stumble upon many blogs with this seemingly comprehensive list + contact info of daycares all across Jakarta. HOWEVER...many of the names listed have either moved/non-existent. so, UNHELPFUL at all.

My next bet was scouring the online forums. I found theurbanmama.com really helpful...eventho I have to scan through these mama's laments for anything that contains "Jakarta". The thread was only about "daycares" not region-specific. (In the end I posted a review there as a my way of "giving back")

As i mentioned in the review, I finally chose this relatively new daycare called Kidee Childcare. the place is halfway between our home and my husband's office..annnddd..there are a lot of cafe/hang out place in the area tee-hee..well not a lot. I found at least two that can serve as my "mobile office": anomali coffee in Senopati and coffe crematology in Suryo.

The result is this blog post you're reading and the other two in my other blog. Anomali has a promo till May where u can get a syphon coffee and a croissant/banana cake for 29k. which is cheap! but today i'm trying crematology. cozy place, okay coffee. with so many nice coffee houses in jakarta i wonder why people still go to starbucks. (well coz theyre easier to find, thats why!).

but what i crave the most is 1/15 in Gandaria. *sigh* too bad navis' daycare is not in their neighborhood. 

umm yeah, so before i can get like a real writing job i guess am gonna do a more regular post on my own blog lol.

toedels..!

No comments: